blznstr

My photo
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson said it; I believe it.

Monday, August 11, 2008

"Thinking of a Doctor Plan..."


Well, I have not posted a PhD status report in a few weeks, but that does not mean I haven't been hard at work! Slowly (very slowly) but surely, things are coming together for this concept paper. The devil is in the data...

Sad news this weekend on the passing of Bernie Mac, as well as Isaac Hayes. I never met Bernie in person, but he came across as a genuine, caring, funny soul. May God be with his family in this time of loss.

And finally for this post (how folks like The Field manage to post on a daily basis and still keep up with life in general is beyond me and my hat goes off to them for sure!), what about Darfur?

Received my Essence magazine in the mail on Saturday (with a wonderful pic of the next 1st fam on the cover) and read an article about Dr. Halima Bashir, author of "Tears of the Desert", and survivor of rape and torture at the hands of Janjaweed militia, because she spoke out against the rapes of scores of ELEMENTARY SCHOOL GIRLS. Read the rest of the story in this article.

I don't know if I can bear to read the book, but I will purchase it. That's the least I can do. We CANNOT forget Darfur - crimes against humanity are going on as we speak. WHAT ABOUT DARFUR?

1 comment:

Majorman said...

Keep up the great work on your dissertation. I look forward to seeing it in book form someday.