blznstr

My photo
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson said it; I believe it.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Where Is Tekenya Wooten's Amber Alert???


Thank you to Electronic Village and What About Our Daughters for this story . Little Takenya Wooten is missing; she is 12 years old and 8 months pregnant. She was last seen on October 18th at the group home where she lived. The Durham Police Department, despite pleas from members of the general public to do so, have yet to tag this case as 'high risk' and have not issued an Amber Alert.
I have to pause now and refrain from using every four-letter word in my vocabulary here. I just want to make one point clear: this child is 'high risk', this child is in danger, this child is scared, this child is alone, this child has been sexually abused (a 12 year old child does not consent to sex I don't give a damn what anyone else says) and this child deserves our attention. Her life is worth just as much 'Amber's. I will call, email, text until I get word about this baby girl. Pray that anyone reading this blog will do the same.

1 comment:

Najmah said...

They found her! She has left the same group home 3 times in a row. Can somebody say, intervention needed?! I pray for this child and this child's child.