blznstr

My photo
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson said it; I believe it.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gold Star!


So far, so good with the Virtual Academy/Home Schooling. My son seems excited about learning. We had our first parent-teacher-student conference yesterday. We used the Elluminate (e-classroom) tool and he loved it. I don't know why he was so thrilled to be able to talk to and listen to his teacher on the computer, but he was. It is just like chatting with a mic and web cam. I can't believe he is so interested in this type of learning format, but he is. His Algebra really needs work (he did not learn much at all last year), so the teacher pointed out some tools that should help get his aptitude up to where it should be. I am just very happy with the curriculum and format so far. We will see how the assessment goes.


I have pulled together a lot of additional research for my dissertation proposal...now if I could just get finished with this other proposal I'm working on for a client, then I could start writing my chapters! I swear, sometimes my competing career and education interest give me a double migraine. And let's not even start about work. Thank God for a job though. Thank God for a job!

No comments: