blznstr

My photo
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson said it; I believe it.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

ARGS!!!!


Today my son got an interview letter from the Appomattox Regional Governor's School! He is auditioning for a spot in Literary Arts and I just pray that he gets in. I like k12 and all, but ARGS has so many opportunities for students and I know that he will do very well there. Right now, he is working on his second drafts of two poems, one short story, and a memoir to complete his portfolio. I don't have anything to compare his writing to on an eight-grade level, but I think he is pretty talented. His writings are very creative and amusing. Let's hope that the interview panel sees his potential for greatness!


Speaking of greatness, I met with my Dissertation Chair today and it was so encouraging. She read my first three draft chapters and gave me the best suggestions to make it better. She says that I am on the right track and can finish by summer!!! Look out academia, here I come...

No comments: